The 12th sitting of the Coordinating Council of the heads of the CSTO competent bodies on fight against illegal drug trafficking was held in Bishkek
The following issues were discussed during the sitting: the CSTO activities in 2012, the prospects of the activities in 2013, summing up of work carried out by the CSTO working groups, the results of the “Channel-East”, dubbed Kanal-Vostok, local operation, those of the operational-tactical training "Thunder - 2012", dubbed «GROM-2012», holding events within the framework of the “Channel” operation, and as well as holding events within the framework of the “Channel” operation together with Afghanistan competent bodies.
The participants of the sitting came to agreement:
- about the continuation of the businesslike cooperation between the operative subdivisions of the CSTO competent bodies on countering illegal drug trafficking, directed to the fight against afghan drug trafficking and solving of drug smuggling cases;
- about the continuation of holding “Channel” operative-preventive events;
- about CSTO anti-drug strategy project elaboration for 2013-2017 yy.
During the sitting the CSTO Secretariat’s proposal was accepted, that is: to sign a memorandum on the interaction between the CSTO Council of the Heads of the competent bodies on countering illegal drug trafficking and Coordinating Council on fight against organized crime and other types of crime on the territory of the CIS member states.
The following decisions were made during the sitting:
- on the assignments made in the working groups;
- on the approval of the Charter of the interagency prevention collaboration working group, launched under the Council of the Heads of the CSTO competent bodies on fight against illegal drug trafficking;
- on the approval of the working groups' plan for the main events for 2013;
- on the participation of the Ministry of the fight against drug trafficking of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the operative-preventive operation «Channel» on a continuous participation basis;
- on the preparation of summary analytical information on the fight against illegal drug trafficking within the framework of the CSTO member states.
A corresponding minutes of the sitting was signed by the head of the Council.